Dynon Skyview GPS Module. Created in 2009 this GPS-250 has been superseded by the SV-GPS-2020, which is a “high integrity” GPS source for the FAA’s 2020 “ADS-B out” mandate.
This GPS-250 module may be used as a secondary GPS (GPS-2020 is primary) or as a temporary GPS until a GPS-2020 upgrade is possible. It is also suitable for customers that do not need the SV-GPS-2020
for ADS-B Out compliance (such as non-US customers).
Observe the following guidelines when choosing a location for an SV-GPS-250/2020:
• The optimal location for the SV-GPS-250/2020 is a rigid surface on the upper fuselage of the aircraft.
• Mounting location should be relatively level (the base of the SV-GPS-250/2020 is flat).
• Do not locate the receiver within 3 feet of transmitting antennas.
• Avoid antenna shadows (i.e., obstructions that block the antenna’s view of the sky).
• All four of the SV-GPS-250/2020’s wires should all be connected to each SkyView system display for redundancy.
See Dynon Skyview’s installation manuals for more details.