Garmin GPS Antenna GA-26x
Careful planning and consideration are required to achieve the desired performance and reliability from the GA-26X unit.
- The antenna must be mounted on top of the aircraft.
- For best performance select a location with an unobstructed view of the sky above the aircraft when in level flight.
- [Ideally] the antenna should be located at least 3 feet from transmitting antennas such as VHF Comm, HF transmitter, DME, Transponder, and Radar, and at least 6 inches from receive only antennas such as GPS and XM.
- Cabling for the antenna should not be routed near cabling which is associated with transmitter antennas for VHF Comm, HF transmitter, DME, Transponder, or RadarAntenna Grounding Plane
Coax Cable Connection
- The antenna comes with 8 feet of cable with BNC Male attached.
- Designed to connect direct into GPS unit.
Garmin part number 010-13287-10 (includes attached cable and Velcro)
Garmin part number 011-01032-10 (unit only part number)