The TY97A has all the same great features as the TY97 but is a 760 channel with 25 kHz spacing radio.
The TY96A is a 10 Watt model, suited for most general aviation use. The TY97A is a more powerful 16 Watt model, where a higher transmission output is required.
The display is clear and bright, showing both primary and secondary frequencies along with ICAO or custom set airfield identifiers. A ‘Push Step’ knob allows the fastest change from 50 kHz to 25 kHz steps – so you can tune the radio quickly without compromising your look-out.
The Dual Watch feature allows two frequencies to be monitored at the same time.
Trig TY96A and TY97A radios have a ‘Say Again’ feature. A single button press replays the last radio transmission. Each radio can also integrate with a GPS (SL40 protocol) to automatically display frequencies as they are required along the flight route. A one touch Emergency Button automatically sets 121.5 MHz, along with mic and volume levels. This ensures a successful transmission in what can be a stressful situation.
The radio’s low profile design requires no external cooling fans. This radio is designed to easily replace legacy radios, these include popular; KY 196A, KY 197A and SL 40 models.
- High performance 16 Watt output
- Slim-line – only 33mm high
- Bright, clear display / simple user interface
- Unique ‘Push Step’ for faster tuning
- 8.33 (TY96) and 25 kHz (TY96 and TY96A)- ETSO and TSO approved
- Stereo music / two place intercom
- Dual Watch – monitor two frequencies at the same time
- ‘Say Again’ feature – allows playback of last transmission
- Emergency button
- Configurable airfield database – holds over 200 frequencies
- USB port on facia – upload frequency database (CSV file)
- Highly efficient – no cooling fans or external cooling required
- Ideal retro-fit for legacy radios
- Unbeatable quality – designed and manufactured in the U.K.
- Two year worldwide warranty
- Type: Certified – 25 kHz
- Certification: ETSO 2C128, 2C169a / TSO-C128a TSO-C169a
- Compliance: ED-23C, ED-67, DO-186B, DO-178B Level B, DO-160G, DO-254 Level C
- Supply Voltage (DC): 22 – 33 V
- Typical Current Consumption in receive mode: at 28V – 250 mA
- Nominal Transmitter Power: 16 Watt
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to + 55°C
- Cooling Requirement: No fan required
- Weight: 2.09 lbs
- Total Dimensions: H 1.3” x W 6.26” x L 10.63”
- Installed depth in tray: 9.05” long
Contact us for pricing