PS Engineering PMA8000B and PMA8000BT different only in the fact that the PMA8000BT provides Bluetooth® connectivity.
These audio panel have many innovative capabilities to the general aviation audio panel. And it all starts UP- FRONT of the unit with the front panel utility jack as well as front panel audio panel configurations. Using our exclusive Smart Function Keys, the pilot can customize their audio panel to their specific requirements.
Check list of capabilities:
- IntelliVox® automatic VOX system with individually gated microphones
- 6 – Place hi-fi stereo intercom with Soft Mute™
- Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio
- 4 – music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute, Intercom Mute
- Dedicated front panel music volume control
- Built-in Marker Beacon Receiver
- Cellular telephone input with “DuTel™” telephone distribution
- Easy front panel control for telephone side tone on/off
- Digital aircraft radio recorder (IRS™)
- Front panel utility jack for phone, iPod, or unswitched audio warnings
- Split mode for dual audio panel capability
- 2 – Differential, hi-fidelity stereo music source inputs (no ground loop noise)
- 3 – Isolation modes – Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
- 5 – unswitched inputs, with front panel unswitched input
- Selectable music distribution for passengers
- Selectable intercom mode with special “Alternate Intercom Mode”
- RAM (Radio Active Mute) eliminates constant back ground noise from radio static
- 3-year Pro-Support Warranty
The front-mounted, 2.5mm multipurpose jack give pilots unprecedented access to their audio panel, allowing connections to cell phones, portable music devices, or audio announcements directly into the audio panel.
PS Engineering incorporated some “smarts” with this new jack. When used as an entertainment input, the music can be directed to the crew and/or passengers. PS Engineering’s patented SoftMute™, Karaoke Mode™, along with the four different mute modes (Mute ON; Mute OFF; Intercom Mute; Radio Mute) gives the pilot the most music flexibility available today.
PS Engineering has devoted considerable effort in providing a means of customizing the audio panel to meet particular needs. Ease of use was foremost, so voice annunciations are used with the selection of each function. These voice prompts assure the pilot knows exactly what the selected function is, in plain English.
Three different configurations can be selected from the front panel, such as how the music is distributed, the way the intercom functions, and selecting the new Monitor Function. Once a particular configuration is selected, a female voice announces that selection and will remain in affect until the pilot changes that selection. No audio panel from any manufacturer offers this kind of flexibility.
The Monitor mode allows the pilot to designate one com radio as primary, while having the second com as the secondary audio source. When there is radio activity on the primary radio, the secondary com radio will temporarily mute. The Monitor mode will change your IFR approach environment, eliminating having to try to decipher two simultaneous radio receptions
While the PMA8000BT allows connection to a telephone wirelessly, the PMA8000B utility jack can also connect to a telephone by a hard wired connection using the front panel jack. See connect your cellular telephone for details.
When the cellular phone is connected and the pilot pushes the “TEL” button our “Du-tel”™ system goes online. The Pilot can make a private phone call, everyone can be on the phone, or just the pilot and copilot can use the telephone. This selection is made by the ISO, ALL and Crew switch.
While using the phone, the pilot can receive and transmit on the selected VHF COM, for seamless integration in the cockpit. (Cellular telephone use in flight is not permitted, but remains a convenient and safe way to contact air-traffic control or a weather briefer while on the ground.)
PS Engineering’s innovative Internal Recording System (IRS™) is now standard equipment, a $130 savings! The pilots can instantly play back radio messages, eliminating the need for the pilot to request “say again,” or assure themselves that the last radio call was for them. The playback button is on the front panel. Up to 8 messages can be recorded and played back in sequence.
The PMA8000B/BT is backward compatible with our PMA8000 as well as a direct replacement for the GARMIN GMA340.
Note: Use of the front panel jack is restricted to advisory information only, from portable systems. Signals required for certified equipment must be interface in accordance with their specific installation manuals.
* GARMIN is a registered trademark of GARMIN, Ltd. PS Engineering, Inc. is in no way affiliated with GARMIN, LTD.
**Dimmer voltage must be 0 – 12 VDC or 0 – 24 VDC
Contact us for pricing