The CO Guardian 353P-101 panel mounted Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector is designed especially for the experimental and homebuilt aircraft market. A compact and lightweight unit meant to use as little panel space as possible, the 353P-101 combines highly accurate CO detection for the cockpit as well as cabin pressure warning and the ability to display on an external unit (see hardware list). This CO detection unit is perfect for builders and pilots looking for protection from the dangers of carbon monoxide in their experimental, homebuilt, or non-certified aircraft and integration with an existing PFD, MFD, or engine monitor system.
The sensitive onboard CO sensor alarms when carbon monoxide levels measure greater than 50 parts-per-million (PPM). A loud 85db aural warning will sound and an amber warning LED will flash when CO measures 50 to 99 PPM over a 3-5 minute span. An aural warning and a red LED flashing warning will trigger when levels climb above 99 PPM immediately when detected.
The built-in pressure sensor indicates altitude warnings at 10,000 feet, 12,500 feet, and 14,000 feet as a reminder to the pilot that supplemental oxygen should be used. These warnings are displayed on an optional annunciator light.
The included RS-232 serial connection allows added CO level reporting and alerts to be displayed on a variety of Primary Flight Display (PFD), Multi-Function Display (MFD), and engine monitor products. Please refer to the approved product list below.
The compact and lightweight CO Guardian 353P-101 will fit into a small 2.25 in by 1.5 in instrument position and weighs only 3.5 oz. Installation is very simple and takes only 2-4 hours on average. The 353P-101 accommodates a connection to an external annunciator light (sold separately) to add an additional level of safety when the unit is out of view.
- Designed for non-certified single and multi-engine piston engine aircraft.
- Dimensions: 3.35 in. L x 2.25 in. W x 1.50 in. H.
- Weight 3.5 oz.
- Input Power 14/28 VDC.
- RS-232 Serial Connection included for reporting on external systems (see list).
- Internal fan for optimum sensing.
- Shielded to prevent EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) with aircraft systems.
- Audible alarm with varying pitch at 85 dB.
- LED Red and Amber CO Alert lights. LED green nominal indication light.
- Temperature ranges 0 °F to 110 °F.
- Built-in Temperature compensating circuit.
- CO sensor tested up to 15,000 feet.
- Garmin: Garmin G3X, Garmin G3X Touch, Garmin G900
- J.P. Instruments (JPI): EDM 730, EDM 830, EDM 900 Primary, EDM 900 Experimental, EDM 960 Twin
- Electronic Instruments (EI): MVP50P, MVP-50T, CGR-30P
- Advanced Flight Systems: AF2500/3500/4500/5000/5400/5500/5600/5800
- Grand Rapids Technologies (GRT): Sports SX, Horizon HX, and HXr EFIS Systems
- Ultra Electronics: AuRACLE CRM 2120
- MGL Avionics: XTreme EFIS
* Note: These units come with solder cup dsub connector. We recommend purchasing a crimp-style dsub connector: SA-1012
All products come with a 60-day money back guarantee and a one (1) year limited warranty. The warranty will be void if the unit has been opened or tampered with. If you experience any problems with the unit, please call 520-889-1177 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly assist you and have the problem rectified.
GUARDIAN AVIONICS/CO GUARDIAN LLC. WARRANTS TO THE ORIGINAL CONSUMER PURCHASER, THAT THIS DETECTOR WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS IN MATERIAL AND WORKMANSHIP FOR A TO REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT, REPAIR OF THE PRODUCT OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT WITH REPAIRED PRODUCT AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MANUFACTURER. THIS WARRANTY IS VOID IF THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN DAMAGED BY ACCIDENT, UNREASONABLE USE, NEGLECT, TAMPERING OR OTHER CAUSES NOT ARISING FROM DEFECTS IN MATERIAL OR WORKMANSHIP. THIS WARRANTY EXTENDS TO THE ORIGINAL CONSUMER PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT ONLY.
Any implied warranties arising out of this sale, including but not limited to the implied warranties of description, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the above warranty period. In no event shall the Manufacturer be liable for loss of use of this product or for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, or costs, or expenses incurred by the consumer or any other user of this product, whether due to a breach of contract, negligence, strict liability in tort or otherwise. The manufacturer shall have no liability for any personal injury, property damage or any special, incidental, contingent or consequential damage of any kind resulting from gas leakage, fire or explosion.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
Please note that Guardian Avionics is not responsible for loss and/or damages resulting from installation or soldering errors.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
During the above warranty period, your product will be replaced with a comparable product if the defective product is returned, postage prepaid, to Guardian Avionics, Customer Service Department, 1840 E Valencia Rd, Suite 216, Tucson, AZ 85706, together with proof of purchase date. Please include a note describing the problem when you return the unit. The replacement product will be in warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period or for six months, whichever is longer. Other than the cost of postage, no charge will be made for replacement of the defective product.
Important: Do not attempt to open unit. If unit is opened, warranty will be void.
Your Carbon Monoxide Alarm is not a substitute for property, disability, life or other insurance of any kind. Appropriate insurance coverage is your responsibility. Consult your insurance agent.
Your unit is automatically registered for a 1-year limited warranty from date of purchase, provided you retain the proof of purchase (invoice). To ensure that you are informed of the latest updates and news on our products, please fill out the warranty card that comes with the product, and mail it to us at:
CO Guardian LLC dba Guardian Avionics.
1840 E Valencia Rd, Suite 216
Tucson, AZ 85706
Your unit has a Serial Number. Please check that the unit you receive has the same serial number as shown in your invoice.
For Warranty Service
In case you experience any problems with the unit, you may contact our customer service department at 520-889-1177 for assistance. Even if you have purchased the unit from one of our distributors, you can contact us directly at the following address for technical support or in case you have any problems with your unit:
CO Guardian LLC.
1840 E Valencia Rd, Suite 216
Tucson, AZ 85706
Because of their sensitive nature, all carbon monoxide (CO) detector sensors require replacement after a period of time to remain accurate. All Guardian Avionics / CO Guardian aviation CO detectors feature a self-test at power on for each flight. If the unit shows a failure of the CO sensor upon power up, you must send the unit to Guardian Avionics for replacement or overhaul. Depending on level of use, storage environment, and flight environment, most CO sensors have a usable life of 5-7 years. Though our units have a required Time Before Overhaul (TBO) of Seven (7) years from point of installation regardless of self-test results, we recommend sending in your unit for replacement / recalibration every 5 years during your annual maintenance inspection to assure safety and accuracy of your unit.
The procedure for recalibration is as follows:
- Remove component and note full model number and unit serial number.
- Apply for an RMA Number at: https://www.guardianavionics.com/rma-request or call 520-889-1177 (M-F, 8am to 5pm MST) – the RMA number will be emailed back to you.
- Order a recalibration or new replacement at https://www.guardianavionics.com/recalibration.
- Send unit in under RMA number to: Guardian Avionics, Attn: RMA #___, 1840 East Valencia Rd, Suite 216, Tucson, AZ 85706
- Once unit is received by Guardian Avionics, the recalibrated or replaced unit will be shipped within 3-5 business days unless specified. Core charge will be refunded.
- Upon receipt of the recalibrated/replaced unit, a fresh 1 year limited warranty applies and the unit has a fresh 7 year TBO.